Wanneroo Business Expo – Attendee Do’s & Dont’s
If you’re planning on attending a business expo, like the Wanneroo Business Expo on Thursday 11 March 2021, at The Marina Mindarie, there are a few things you should know, to get the most out of coming along.
Organised by Wanneroo Business Association and the City of Wanneroo, entry to Wanneroo Business Expo 2021 is free, but if you are going to spend your time there, you should make it count!
Do’s For Attendees
We have put together a list of things you should do when you attend Wanneroo Business Expo:
- Show an interest in exhibitors – ask questions and promote their products or services to your network. Now is the time to be buying and supporting local businesses.
- Walk the Wanneroo Business Expo hall twice. This is important because you probably won’t get to speak to all exhibitors on your first walk round, as they will be busy speaking to other people. If you do two laps of the room, then you can make sure you have spoken to everyone.
- Bring plenty of business cards. We have more than 40 exhibitors, who are likely to have more than 1 person on their booth, but you should also stay open to networking with other attendees too. You may find yourself networking with attendees in the registraiton queue, or over lunch. Being prepared and having plenty of business cards will make sure you don’t get caught out.
- Enter competitions and explore the booths to see what is on offer. It’s likely you will leave with lots of free goodies and samples!
- Bring a colleague or friend. Entry is free to Wanneroo Business Expo, so feel free to invite clients and contacts to come along with you. This is a great way to add value and help them connect, but it also gives you someone to walk the expo with. Why not share the Wanneroo Business Expo Facebook or LinkedIn event?
- Stay for the lunch, or the Closing Party to expand your networking opportunities.
- Respect any event COVID requirements and have patience if required
Dont’s for Attendees
As with any event, there are some things that you shouldn’t do when attending Wanneroo Business Expo:
- Don’t sell to exhibitors, it will not go down well if you approach them with the intention to actively sell. Respect that they invested in the opporutnity to be at Wanneroo Business Expo to promote their business and they are there to meet you. Show a genuine interest, ask questions and start a conversation with them. Maybe think about who in your network you can introduce them to, so you can help grow their business. This way they are likely to return the question by asking what you do.
- Don’t wander around the Business Expo without speaking to anyone and then leave, because you won’t get anything out of that! Engage with the local businesses on show, sample products or collect free samples.
- Don’t arrive early, doors open at 11.30am so please respect the set up time provided to the exhibitors and grab a coffee if you arrive early.
If you are exhibiting at Wanneroo Business Expo, click here for our top tips to ensure your booth stands out from the crowd, or if you are after networking tips, click here.
As well as our annual Business Expo, Wanneroo Business Association organises weekly events on different days, and at different times and locations. Click here to see what’s coming up.