Wanneroo Business Expo – Attendee Do’s & Dont’s
Wanneroo Business Association, in partnership with the City of Wanneroo, organise the annual Wanneroo Business Expo at The Marina Mindarie. A full day of business networking, promotion and connections, and with over 450 attendees at the last one in August 2022, the next Expo is planned to take place in March 2023. Contact us for more information.
Do’s For Attendees
We have put together a list of things you should do when you attend Wanneroo Business Expo:
- Tickets are a must, please register and have them available on arrival – click here to secure yours
- Although you will be asked to select a time slot when you get your ticket, you are not restricted to this time for entry on the day.
- Make sure you visit the Wanneroo Business Association booth on the day and see the team to enter the competition to win $500 to spend with an exhibitor of your choice.
- Show an interest in exhibitors – ask questions and promote their products or services to your network. Now is the time to be buying and supporting local businesses.
- Walk the Wanneroo Business Expo hall twice. This is important because you probably won’t get to speak to all exhibitors on your first walk round, as they will be busy speaking to other people. If you do two laps of the room, then you can make sure you have spoken to everyone.
- Bring plenty of business cards. We have more than 40 exhibitors, who are likely to have more than 1 person on their booth, but you should also stay open to networking with other attendees too. You may find yourself networking with attendees in the registraiton queue, or over lunch. Being prepared and having plenty of business cards will make sure you don’t get caught out.
- Enter competitions and explore the booths to see what is on offer. It’s likely you will leave with lots of free goodies and samples!
- Entry is free to Wanneroo Business Expo, so feel free to invite clients and contacts to come along with you, just make sure they register for a ticket. This is a great way to add value and help them connect, but it also gives you someone to walk the expo with. Why not share the Wanneroo Business Expo Facebook or LinkedIn event?
- Stay for the Closing Party to expand your networking opportunities.
Dont’s for Attendees
As with any event, there are some things that you shouldn’t do when attending Wanneroo Business Expo:
- Don’t sell to exhibitors, it will not go down well if you approach them with the intention to actively sell. Respect that they invested in the opporutnity to be at Wanneroo Business Expo to promote their business and they are there to meet you. Show a genuine interest, ask questions and start a conversation with them. Maybe think about who in your network you can introduce them to, so you can help grow their business. This way they are likely to return the question by asking what you do.
- Don’t wander around the Business Expo without speaking to anyone and then leave, because you won’t get anything out of that! Engage with the local businesses on show, sample products or collect free samples.
If you are exhibiting at Wanneroo Business Expo, click here for our top tips to ensure your booth stands out from the crowd, or if you are after networking tips, click here.
As well as our annual Business Expo, Wanneroo Business Association organises weekly events on different days, and at different times and locations. Click here to see what’s coming up.