As announced by WA Premier Mark McGowan, WA will move into Phase 3 of easing restrictions on 6 June 2020. This will see an increase in the number of people at non-work gatherings and additional businesses permitted to reopen.
The 4 square metre rule will be revised to 2 square metres per person for all WA venues. Physical distancing, good hygiene and the 2 square metre rule will apply to all activities permitted in Phase 3. For a more detailed outline of Phase 3, click here.
The PM said individual states will “copy and paste” to suit their own environments, restrictions will be lifted in this order:
1. Greater connection with friends and family: This step will allow gatherings of up to 10 people and five guests in your own home. Lap swimmers will be allowed back in pools. Boot camps allowed back on in parks. Retail and small cafes will reopen. Interstate travel will start again. Funerals will be allowed 30 people and weddings will be allowed 10 people.
2. Larger gatherings: Step two will allow gatherings of up to 20 people, including cinemas and galleries. Other openings include community sport, beauty parlours and barre classes (for example).
3. Pubs and clubs reopen: Gatherings of up to 100 people will be allowed. Most workers back at their workplace. Pubs and clubs will reopen. Interstate travel will resume totally.
State Government are expected to make a further announcement on 10 May 2020 to include Western Australia’s timeline for implementing these measures.
We are here to support you
Download the Business Resources – COVID-19 Outbreak Pack above. This includes all State and Federal Economic Stimulus Packages and support in place for businesses during this pandemic. It is important that you speak to your accountant who can give you the best advice for your current situation. If you require any items of this document explaining further, please just get in touch.
Our office is temporarily closed as we work from home, but business is as usual other than the delivery of face-to-face meetings and the move to online events. Click here to find out what’s coming up in the next few weeks. If you need to talk to a member of our team or would like more information about what we are putting in place, please call us on 9206 3888.
If you would like to speak to an advisor about how the COVID-19 Outbreak might affect your business, please call the Small Business Development Corporation for free and confidential guidance on 133 140
In a video recorded by the WBA Board of Management, the community are encouraged to stay calm, avoid panic and listen for the relevant Government announcements.
– Holding regular networking and catch up events online to keep businesses connected, using Zoom, until further notice
– Closing the Hybrid 935 Co-working space and rooms available to hire
– Sharing information, announcements and tips to help business owners adapt and make informed decisions
– Encouraging the local community to support our local businesses in the #SupportWannerooLocal campaign
– Scheduling information session webinars with industry experts for you to ask questions and receive support
A Night of Celebration! Wanneroo Business Association was proud to host the City of Wanneroo Business Awards 2022 on Friday evening, celebrating and acknowledging...